Skip to content
 Scroll To Top

Welcome to your First Year Experience!

Whether you are new to college or transferring to UAS, we look forward to welcoming you and providing the support you need to reach your goals.  Our Orientation goals are two-fold: to introduce you to resources that will support your success at UAS and to connect you to other people.

All new full-time students (12 credits or more) are required to attend Orientation, although all students, regardless of credit level, are welcome. Fall orientations are two-day events (cost: $100). Spring orientation is a one-day event (cost: $50).

Your Guidebook to Orientation

UAS provides an online guide for all incoming first year students to help them navigate the Juneau campus, New Student Orientation, and information regarding campus clubs and opportunities for community involvement. The UAS "Guidebook" is available as an app for your mobile device as well as a separate website.

Fall Student Orientation Checkin and Schedule

Please see the UAS Guidebook website for updated dates and times for all Juneau Orientation activities.

  • Fall Orientation Checkin: Thursday, August 25 at 8:00 a.m. at the Lakeside Grill in the Mourant Building
  • Day two of Orientation (Friday, August 26) begins at 9:30 a.m. at the Lakeside Grill in the Mourant Building.

Fall Parent Orientation

Please see the UAS Guidebook website for updated dates and times for all Juneau Orientation activities.

Parent Orientation begins at 8 a.m. on August 25 at the Glacier View room (room 221) in the Egan Building.


For questions regarding the Juneau Orientation, please contact us at 907-796-6000 or toll free at 1-877-465-4827, ext. 6000. Also, check out answers to our most frequently asked questions on the FAQ tab. We look forward to seeing you!

Orientation Sign-up

Information regarding the Orientation schedule and reminders will be sent to the email you provide.


1. I have applied for admissions. Am I enrolled in Orientation?

No. You must sign up for Orientation in order for us to capture important information about your attendance.

3. Do I have to attend Orientation?

Orientation on the Juneau campus is mandatory for all new students (freshman, transfer, exchange) who are registered for 12 credits or more. However, all students are welcome to attend. Orientation is a great opportunity to kick off your first full year at UAS, identify important resources and meet new people. 

4. How long is Orientation?

Fall Orientation is a two-day event. Spring Orientation is a one-day event. See our Schedules tab for details, but plan on full days (8-5 pm). We build some flexibility into our schedules to allow students to finish up admissions, course enrollment and financial aid tasks. We offer optional evening activities most nights, and some weekend activities before classes start.

5. What should I wear to Orientation?

Orientation is active, so be sure to dress comfortably and wear shoes that are comfortable to walk in. In Southeast Alaska, layers are always recommended. Be prepared for rain, as well.

6. I attended events on campus with my high school, should I still come to Orientation?

Yes! Orientation isn’t a campus tour. It’s a set of interactive sessions and unique activities to introduce you to others and important resources.

7. How much does it cost?

Students are charged $100 for our two-day Fall Orientation and $50 for our one-day Spring Orientation. Again, Orientation is mandatory for all new students registered for 12 credits or more and your account will be charged automatically.

8. What if I can't attend every session?

We understand that some incoming students have conflicts. Your goal should be to attend as much of Orientation as possible, however, there are no separate fees if you can only attend part of the event.

9. As a parent/guardian, can I attend the student sessions with my student?

We are pleased to offer Parent/Guardian Orientation each fall, a time for parents/guardians to meet staff and get questions answered. However, the student orientation is designed for students only. Parents, guardians, and siblings are encouraged to explore our campus and community during the sessions while your student begins building new relationships with peers.

10. How do I sign up for Orientation?

See the Sign Up tab on the Juneau Orientation link on our website.


Content maintained by Admissions. Feedback Form