Skip to content

Where to find more information on:

Resources for students in High School
Advanced Placement
Dual Enrollment
Summer Refreshers (Recent grads)
Tech Prep
UA College Savings Plan

Visiting Campus
Schedule a Tour

Map of Juneau Campus
Map of: Juneau | Ketchikan | Sitka
Parking - Free on all UAS campuses!
Transportation: Air | Ferry
Trip Planner: Juneau | Ketchikan | Sitka
Newspapers: Juneau | Ketchikan | Sitka

Academic Calendar
Admissions Deadlines:
        Fall - August 1
        Spring - December 15
        Summer - May 1
Housing Deadlines
UA Scholarship Deadlines: Feb 15
FAFSA Deadline

Costs & Payment Options
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Financial Aid
Financial Aid FAQ's
Financial Aid Checklist
FAFSA - UAS FAFSA school code: 001065
Payment Options

Alaska Native Scholarships
Alaska Performance Scholarship
UA Scholars
UA Scholar Leadership Award
UA Scholarships
UAS Scholarships

Housing Options
On Campus Housing
Roommate Conflict Mediation
Residence Life Handbook
Off Campus Housing

Frequently Asked Questions by Counselors

1. How can I get UAS to come to our high school?

UAS Admission Representatives travel all over the state of Alaska and in the lower 48 as well to visit high schools and attend college fairs.

In order to set up a visit, please fill out the Representative Visit Request form, or contact one of our Admission Representatives at 907-796-6069. You can also email us at

2. A group of our students will be in Juneau for a high school event, can we visit campus?

Yes! We would be happy to set up a campus visit for any high school student or group that will be in Juneau.

Simply fill out a group visit request form, or you can contact Julie Staveland by phone at 907-796-6430 or by email at to set it up.

Please give at least a one to two weeks notice in order for us to set everything up.

3. Where should students send their documents, test scores and official transcripts?

For all UAS programs, please mail documents and transcripts to:

University of Alaska Southeast
Office of Admissions
11120 Glacier Hwy
Juneau, AK 99801

4. How do students qualify for WUE tuition?

To qualify for WUE (Western Undergraduate Exchange) tuition rates, the student must be a resident in one of the following states:

  • Arizona;
  • California;
  • Colorado;
  • Hawaii;
  • Idaho;
  • Montana;
  • Nevada;
  • New Mexico;
  • North Dakota;
  • Oregon;
  • South Dakota;
  • Utah;
  • Washington;
  • Wyoming.

Please note that not all programs are eligible for WUE tuition. Students must attach a written statement to their application for admission requesting to be admitted under the WUE program.

Students declared as WUE students are not eligible for resident tuition rates.

Contact the Office of Admissions for more details at (907) 796-6100 or email

5. How do students apply for financial aid?

The first step is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at and visit our Financial Aid website or call the UAS financial aid office at (907) 796-6255 for more information and scholarship deadlines.

UAS participates in the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Federal Stafford Student Loan, and Federal Work-Study programs in addition to state loan, and grant programs. Most aid is awarded on the basis of financial need. Some scholarships, however, are based on academic potential and performance.

The deadline for merit-based UAS scholarships is February 15th.

To apply for need-based programs, students should contact the Financial Aid office.

6. How do students apply for UAS scholarships?

To begin the process for UAS scholarship, there are two portions, the first is through UAOnline and the second is through the UAS Financial Aid website. Please visit the Financial Aid website for step by step instructions.

If you have any questions please contact the Financial Aid office at (907) 796-6255 or toll free at 1-877-465-4827 ext. 6255.

7. Do all students need to take placement tests?

Only students who have no previous college level mathematics or English credits need to take the placement tests.

Placement tests are available on all three campuses, and by distance as well.

For more information on the placement tests, visit the Learning & Testing Center website.

8. My students are not in Juneau, Ketchikan or Sitka, how can they take placement tests?

Prospective UA students wishing to take a placement test in a location other than their campus of enrollment need to find a proctor (not a family member or friend) in their area and then follow the procedure for setting up a remote placement test according to the campus they plan on attending. Follow the link for campus of enrollment:


Content maintained by Admissions.