UAS STUDENT JURIED EXHIBITION
- Awards will be given for Best of Show (1) and Honorable Mention (3).
- Eligibility : Any student enrolled in UAS art classes during the 2008-09 academic year may enter up to 3 artworks in any media. Submitted artwork must have been created since May, 2007
- Deliver entries (physical artwork) to SB 105 between 8 am Monday, March 23 and Thursday, March 26 until 5:00 pm.
Late submissions will not be considered.
- Jurying will take place on Friday, March 27. A list of accepted entries will be posted on the bulletin board in the hallway outside SB 105 on Saturday, March 28 and on the UAS Humanities website.
Please pick up any artworks that have not been accepted before noon on Monday, March 30.
Remember that SB 105 is locked Friday through Sunday.
- Arrange to deliver and pick up artwork when classes are not in session in that classroom. Place your artwork on the large tables just inside the door and make sure that fragile art surfaces are protected. If your artwork is too big for the table, just make sure we know that it’s there. Again, remember that SB 105 is locked Friday through Sunday.
A completed, legible entry form must be securely attached to the back of each entry.
- 2-dimensional artwork does not need to be matted for the jurying process, although it is recommended. If your work is accepted, you will be responsible for matting your 2-dimensional work with rigid backing for exhibition with picture-hanging wire or fish-line on the back for hanging. If you are able to frame your 2-dimensional work, that’s great – but framing is not required for this exhibition. Improperly matted or framed artwork cannot be exhibited. If you need help with this, please ask your instructor.
- There is no entry fee. The Arts Council will receive a 25% commission on any art sales. You are encouraged to price your artwork for sale – the Arts Council relies on commissions to help fund its exhibition program. Students who have work accepted into the show will be asked to help with advertising, hanging the exhibition, hosting the exhibition and striking the show on April 23 and restoring the surfaces of the gallery walls.
- Students will be responsible for picking up their own artwork from JAHC at the close of the exhibition.
If you have any questions, please email Jane Terzis or call at 796-6438.