Why a BLA?
The BLA is the degree designed "your way." You choose which disciplines to combine in your own Liberal Arts degree program, with the guidance of a faculty advisor.
The BLA will help you gain critical life skills needed to adapt to a changing world, rather than being locked into a specialization. Students who earn a BLA acquire diverse skills in communication and critical thinking that qualify them for employment in both the private and public sectors. Some of those career options may include:
Relations & Organizing
• Private & Public Office Work
• Social Services through Governmental or Private Agencies
• Business or paraprofessional positions that require technical writing skills and creative problem solving.
The BLA can also provide a solid academic background for advanced study in graduate school or professional programs. Some of those postgraduate study options may include:
• Business Administration (MBA)
• Elementary or Secondary Teaching (MAT)
• Public Administration (MPA)
• Other Graduate Programs or Professional Training according to your Academic Interests