1. During the class period prior to an outing the Instructor should outline what is necessary personal gear for all students.
2. The morning of the outing the instructor should decide what group gear is necessary for the entire class and the duration of the outing. This gear should be laid out downstairs in the SAC and divided amongst volunteers. The volunteers should mark the item numbers of gear they will be carrying on the Group Gear Master Sheet and sign their name in the column to the right of the item numbers.
3. Give students their personal gear sheet and have them put their name on the line provided at the top. To indicate what items of gear they want, students should put an X in the box provided next to the names of their desired gear.
4. Either the Instructor or TA should go into the ODS gear room and get ready to fill individual gear orders through the window in the door. As each individual comes to the window with a personal gear sheet, the person in the gear room will get all of the gear that has been indicated on that sheet and there record the number of each piece in the column marked “Item #(s)”. When the “Name”, “Item #(s)”, and “Date out” columns have been filled, and the student has signed the sheet, the personal gear checkout is complete. The Personal Gear Sheets will remain in the ODS storage room.
1. After the outing is finished group gear will be checked in first. All group gear will be assembled down stairs in the SAC and the Master Sheet will be used to tell what is out and what must come back in. If group gear proves to be missing or damaged the Instructor will list the item(s) on the group gear sheet and bring that sheet to one of the Pogram Coordinators. If all of the group gear has come back in good condition the Instructor will sign the bottom of the Group Gear Master Sheet and the gear will be carried back up to the ODS Gear Room for storage.
2. When all students are in possession of the personal gear they checked out, the checkout person will go back into the gear room and open the window and begin checking in gear. The person checking in gear will get the individual student’s sheet and make sure that the Item numbers being turned in by that student match up with those on their sheet and that the gear is returned in good condition. If everything is returned the check in person will mark the “Date in” column and sign the bottom. The bottom signature will be torn off of the Personal Gear Sheet and given to the student as a receipt and proof that they have turned in all of their personal gear.3. All gear returned to the ODS Gear Storage Room will be dumped in the large red tote and sorted and hung by someone who knows where all of the gear is to be stored.