Tidal Echoes 2014 Submission Guidelines
Tidal Echoes wants your poems, stories, essays, plays, and artwork!
|Submission Deadline: December 1, 2013
Tidal Echoes will consider submissions from any current full-time resident of Southeast Alaska. A portion of the journal will be set aside for UAS students. Students of all UAS campuses are encouraged to submit.
We consider fiction, non-fiction, transcribed oral stories, memoir, or drama. Multiple pieces may be submitted, but the combined submission may not exceed 15 double-spaced pages. Partial pieces of longer works will also be considered, provided they stand alone as cohesive pieces.
We accept poetry of all types, but please limit submissions to five poems.
Tidal Echoes welcomes artwork submissions of all mediums, including but not limited to sculpture, painting, ceramics, photography and drawing. All artwork must be submitted in a digital format (.tif or .jpg) at 1800 pixels wide. Submissions must include the title of each piece, if applicable, as well as the medium. Resources are available on the UAS Juneau campus for scanning art or photographing three-dimensional art. Contact Pedar Dalthorp (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or for help. Limit 5 pieces.
All submissions must include:
- Submitter's address on the top of each page. UAS Students: Include UAS ID number as well.
- Cover letter, including contact information (name, address, phone number, and email), and the title of each submitted piece.
- A 3-5 sentence biography, written in the third person.
- Information about previous publication, if applicable.
- Release Form. Release forms must be signed for work to be considered for publication in Tidal Echoes. Signed forms should be mailed to the address below or faxed to (907) 796-6406.
A Note About Release Form: Authors and artists submitting to the journal continue to retain rights to their work after publication.
How to Submit
Tidal Echoes prefers electronic submission via email email@example.com. Electronic copies must be formatted in Microsoft Word and added as an attachment to email. Work may also be typed directly into the body of an email.
Those without email may send submissions to the address below:or call (907) 796-6113
Mail/Drop off submission to:
Tidal Echoes c/o Virginia Berg
UAS Humanities Department
11120 Glacier Highway
Juneau, AK 99801
Please contact Emily Wall (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 796-6113