Welcome to the "Bookstore"! As of December 14, 2014, the physical bookstore is no longer open. However, UAS students can order textbooks from MBS Direct or the bookstore of their choice. Check UAOnline for book information for UAA or UAF campuses.
Place your order early (a minimum of 7 to 10 days before class starts) to allow time for shipping.
- Complete your financial aid including submitting all required forms.
- After your financial aid is complete, fill out the book voucher and select "submit".
- When your voucher is available, MBS Books will send e-mail notification to the e-mail address you provide.
- See "How do I find my books" for more information on purchasing books for your class
Vouchers can NOT be used to order books for UAA or UAF courses or from any bookstore other than MBS books.
- Go to the MBS Direct bookstore website
- Click on the "Order Your Books" link
- Select method of payment (credit card or voucher / financial aid)
- Select campus click "Continue"
- Check the boxes next to the appropriate courses and click "Continue"
- Add books to cart as needed and click "Review Cart"
- Review your cart and then "Proceed to Checkout"
The first thing you should do is double check that you are looking in the correct "campus" section. For example, there are two sections for Juneau: one is "Juneau-Distance Learning" and one is "Juneau-Campus".
Second, you might check the course website to make sure a book is actually required.
Last, you can call or email the "bookstore" staff. Since there is no physical bookstore, there will be minimal staff, so this may take a little extra time. You may need to leave a voicemail and wait for a call back. Alternatively, MBS may be able to help. Their phone number is 1-800-325-3252 until 2:00 p.m. Alaska time, and they also have a contact form and chat feature on their website.
You may return books according to MBS policy. For details, please contact MBS support through their website or by phone at 1-800-325-3252.
MBS has a buy back program in place. They will email students offering to buy back books purchased, advising how much they will pay. If the student agrees, MBS will email a prepaid shipping label. The student then sends the book back and receives check or credit.
If a student buys their book elsewhere, they will arrange any buy back on their own through their chosen supplier.
Refund checks are no longer availalble from the bookstore. You will have to contact Student Accounts at 907-796-6267 for information on your refund check.
Charge your UAS books to Student Financial Aid with this
MBS Book Voucher Application
You cannot receive a book voucher until all your financial aid forms have been completed, processed, submitted, and your financial aid has been approved. MBS book vouchers can not be used for UAA or UAF campuses.
To avoid a delay in receiving your books you may wish to purchase your books using a debit or credit card.
**Spring Semester Book Vouchers are not available until November 14**
To obtain a Student Financial Aid MBS Book Voucher, follow these steps after completing your financial aid:
- Fill out form at the bottom of the page and select the submit button.
- UAS Student Accounts will notify MBS Books to generate a voucher when your financial aid has been approved and is available for purchasing books
- When your voucher is available, MBS Books will send you e-mail notification to the e-mail address you provide
- Once you receive the e-mail notification, you can then go online and order your books at the UAS online bookstore. Please allow a minimum of 1 week processing time after order is placed.
Questions? Contact UAS at 907-796-6492.
Submission of this form does not order your books for you! You must order your books directly from MBS Books!
Students may purchase books from any vendor of their choice. Only MBS can offer you a voucher to charge your books toward your financial aid. If purchasing from a vendor other than MBS, it is your responsibility to ensure you are ordering the correct (and complete) set of required textbooks. When shopping online outside of MBS, first reference the specific ISBN numbers listed for your course materials on the MBS site to ensure you have the correct book and edition. Sometimes special bundles of materials are created by MBS for UAS instructors that cannot be purchased as a set elsewhere; consider ordering these bundles through MBS or be careful to order each individual item of the bundled set.
|Book purchases||Book rentals|
This list is provided as a service to students.
UAS does not guarantee the level of service from any of these vendors.