The University Travel office is responsible for timely auditing and processing of the University travel expenses incurred by employees and authorized individuals. Close cooperation between University of Alaska schools and departments is essential to ensure the University’s compliance with Board of Regents policies, Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Regulations and State law. The Travel office is also responsible for communicating travel rules and regulations to University schools and departments.
Additionally, the University Travel office is charged with administering the UA Travel Card Program for the Juneau, Sitka and Ketchikan campus. The University has two Travel Card programs. The Departmental Card is used for purchasing tickets only (i.e., airfare, ferry). The Individual Card is for the traveler to use to pay their expenses while in Travel Status. You can find the forms for both of the travel card programs under Travel Forms.
- Fillable/Interactive Travel Authorization Form
- Travel Authorization Instructions
- Travel Expense Report (.xls)
- Local Mileage Reimbursement Form (.xls)
- Departmental Travel Account Form
- Individual Bill Travel Account Form
- Travel Cardholder Agreement
- Unauthorized Purchase Form
- Lost Ticket/Boarding Passes Form
- UA Travel Card Holder - Code of Ethics
- UA Taxable Status Determination Form
- Taxable Status Determination Form Department Instructions
- UAS Travel Guidelines
- University Travel Regulations (.pdf)
- International Travel-Delegation of Authority
- TEM Per Diem Table
- GSA (US) Per Diem Rates
- DOD Per Diem Rates: Rates set for Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories, and Possessions (OCONUS Rates). This resource is only to be used for AK Per Diem rates for the Non-Urban Areas that are not listed on the AK Lodging or AK Per Diem spreadsheets located on the Statewide Financial Systems website.
- FY17 Paper Check TEM Reimbursement Schedule
- FY17 Payment Net Mapper Schedule
- Alaska Airlines EasyBiz
- UA Travel Web Site
Risk Management Related to Travel
- UA Travel Accident Insurance
- UA Student Accident/Travel Insurance
- UA Auto Liability
- UA Auto Physical Damage Coverage
- UA Volunteer Services & Liability
Renting a Vehicle?
As a political sub-division of the State of Alaska, the University may purchase from the Statewide Vehicle Rentals contract. This contract provides unlimited mileage/use vehicle rentals statewide with minimum locations in the Juneau, Fairbanks, and Anchorage areas on an as-needed basis. Vehicles are intended for pickup, use, and return to the original pickup point. Learn more.