Work this summer at Glacier Bay National Park
The National Park Service (NPS) is looking to hire students who have resided in Alaska for at least 12 months to staff their Visitor Center and serve as Park Rangers (Interpretive) at Glacier Bay National Park. The Visitor Center position assists visitors wishing to access the backcountry with required permits, orientation, and logistics. The Park Rangers (Interpretive) function as Naturalists aboard the day trip boat as well as cruise ships that visit Glacier Bay. During off hours, employees can explore the backcountry, kayak in the protected bay, and backpack to remote locations.
Pay is $14.95 - $20.71/ hour and assistance with securing housing is available.
Position descriptions and application process for the below positions:
- Visitor Services Assistant (entry level)
- Visitor Services Assistant (intermediate level)
- Park Ranger - Interpretive (entry level)
- Park Ranger - Interpretive (intermediate level)
- Park Ranger - Interpretive, Part-Time (Intermediate level)
Contact Career Services for assistance with application materials - call 796-6000 to schedule an appointment (drop-ins accepted)