To view current job listings, select the "Jobs" tab
Want to earn money, gain skills, demonstrate your abilities and work ethic, explore your interests and augment your academic program without leaving campus? Apply for a student assistant position. You will work under supervisors who support student academic success, and learn time management techniques to help you balance your course work with a job.
Quick Facts on Applying for On-Campus Student Jobs
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits in the current semester. For summer and holiday employment, students must be enrolled in the previous or upcoming semester.
- Students must maintain no less than a 2.0 GPA. (Some jobs require higher GPAs)
- Students may work up to 20 hours per week while in school and up to 40 hours per week during academic breaks. Students can hold more than one position if the total hours do not exceed these limits.
- Students will need to provide an original Social Security Card and one other type of photo identification (such as current driver's license or passport, or a current student ID).
- Special documentation is required for international students. Contact the Office of Academic Exchange & Study Abroad Coordinator Marsha Squires, at 907-796-6455.
Tips on How to Apply for On-Campus Student Jobs
On-campus jobs: UAKJobs
Off-Campus Jobs - Websites
Employers with continuing recruitment:
- Fred Meyer - select "Hourly Store Job Opportunities, " "Apply Now," and type in zip code: 99801.
- Home Depot - select "Search for Opportunities," "In-store Hourly," and type in zip code: 99801.
- Walmart - select "Apply Now," then follow the steps to register.
- AlaskaUSA Credit Union - Applicants can either browse for jobs using the Jobs by Location section or apply for jobs using the Online Job Application section.To apply for a job, applicants will need to click on Apply Online under Online Job Application. They will then Create A New User Account and click submit. After creating a brief profile they will be able to apply for positions with Alaska USA.
- GCI - search by keyword and/or location.
National Jobs Posting websites:
- www.indeed.com - BEST job search engine
- www.simplyhired.com - connects with your LinkedIn contacts
- www.linkedin.com - professional networking site that also posts jobs. Used extensively in the lower 48
Biology/Marine Biology websites:
- Future Alaskans in Fisheries and Marine Sciences
- Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences Job Board
- University of Washington Environmental and Biology Jobs Listing
Current positions available:
- North Pacific Groundfish Observers
- Fisheries Observer Program:
- Alaska Marine Mammal Observer:
- Prince William Sound Aquaculture Corporation – Open Positions:
- Fisheries Biologist:
5 or more years of experience is PREFERRED but not required.
- Fisheries Biologist:
- Fisheries Technician (seasonal)
- Research Assistant (seasonal), Seattle, WA
- Scientific Technician 2 - salmonid study in Washington State
State/City specific websites:
- ALEXsys - Alaska's Department of Labor job posting site. Requires you to create a profile in order to view complete job postings. Once your account is created, the site allows you to search for Juneau specific openings.
- City and Borough of Juneau - Job postings updated frequently. Requires completion of CBJ Employment Application.
- USAJobs - Government job listings, including Fish and Game, US Forest Service, and all federal job recruitments.
- Workplace Alaska - State of Alaska job posting site. Click on "View Others," "Location," and "Juneau.
Websites for Minorities and Veterans:
|Administrative Clerk II (Full-Time)||Central Council Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska (CCTHITA)||1 year experience (paid or unpaid) and minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute.||June 25, 2013|
|Advisor, Threatened and Migratory Species||Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP)||See Job Posting for details||June 28, 2013|
|Captain||Goldbelt, Inc.||U.S. Coast Guard 100-ton Master's License and 5 years experienc||Open until filled|
|Caseworker (Full-Time)||Central Council Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska (CCTHITA)||See Job Posting Document||June 25, 2013|
|Classroom Aide (Part-Time)||Central Council Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska (CCTHITA)||1 year experience working with young children in a group setting.||June 25, 2013|
|Coastal Sustainable Landscapes Project Assistant Director - Ghana||US Forest Service||See Job Posting for details||June 30, 2013|
|Concessionaire/Box Office, Glacier Cinemas||Glacier Cinemas||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Cooks and Waitstaff||Samovar's Cafe||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Coral Reef Ecology Position||CIEE (Council on International Educational Exchange)||Bachelor Degree in Biology or Marine Biology + 50 logged scientific dives||June 22nd, 2013|
|Customer Service||Play it Again Sports||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Delivery Driver - part-time or full-time||Office Plus||Clean driving record; able to pass background check and drug testing||Open until filled|
|Delivery Drivers||YTB Office Support Services||See Job Posting for details||Open until filled|
|Demonstrators at Costco||Warehouse Demo Services||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Electronics Merchandiser - Part-time||ActionLink||See Job Posting for details||Open until filled|
|English Teacher - South Korea||People Recruit||Bachelor Degree||Open until filled|
|Enrollment and Match Specialist - PT||Big Brothers Big Sisters||Bachelor Degree completed by June 2013||Open until filled|
|Executive Assistant||Juneau Chamber of Commerce||3 yrs of administrative office experience||Open until filled|
|Fisheries Biologist||Association of Village Council Presidents||Bachelor Degree||Open until filled|
|Front Office/Dispatch||Coastal Helicopters||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Girl Scout Camp Positions - Juneau||Girl Scouts||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Girl Scout Camp Positions - Rural Southeast Alaska||Girl Scouts||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Home maintenance, light carpentry - flexible schedule, part-time||Private homeowner||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Hotel Room Attendant/Housekeeper||Goldbelt, Inc.||See Job Posting for details||Open until filled|
|Individual Support Specialist||Hope Community Resource||See Job Posting Document||Open until filled|
|Individual Support Specialists and Home Alliance Coordinators||Hope Community Resource||See web links||Open until filled|
|Kitchen Staff||Glacier Bay Lodge & Tour||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Landscape Route Manager||Local landscape business||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Landscape Workers||Local landscape business||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Manager, Glacier Cinemas||Glacier Cinemas||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Marine Biologist/Ecologist||OceansWatch||Bachelor's degree in Marine Biology or Environmental Science with field experience||Open until filled|
|Match Support Specialist||Big Brothers Big Sisters||Bachelor Degree completed by June 2013||Open until filled|
|Merchandisers||Convergence Marketing||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Mining - Multiple Positions||Hecla Greens Creek Mining Company||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|On-Call Positions - Administrative, Substitute Teachers, Laborer & Maintenance||Central Council Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska (CCTHITA)||Open to all students||Open continuously|
|Part Time Coast Guard Reserve Positions||United States Coast Guard||See Job Posting for details||Open until filled|
|Peace Corps Volunteer||Peace Corps||Juniors and Seniors, 2013-2014||Priority given to applications received by May 30, 2013|
|Quality Control Technician - Construction||Secon||See Job Posting for details||Open until filled|
|Recreation Front Desk Attendant||University of Alaska Southeast - Juneau||Open to all students||May 19th 2013 for priority screening|
|Research Technician||BIOS (Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences)||Bachelor Degree||Open until filled|
|Residential Case Manager I or II||Juneau Alliance for Mental Health Inc. (JAMHI)||See Job Posting Document||Open until filled|
|Sales, Inventory, and Cashiers||Home Depot||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Sales Clerk||Duck Creek Market||Must be 21 yrs. old||Open until filled|
|School Based Coordinator||Big Brothers Big Sisters||See Job Posting for details||Open until filled|
|School of Management Office Assistant||University of Alaska Southeast - Juneau||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Seasonal Positions - Multiple||Glacier Gardens||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Seasonal Positions - Multiple||Wings Airways and The Taku Lodge||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Student Office Assistant||University of Alaska Southeast - Juneau||Open to all students||May 13, 2013 for priority screening|
|Summer Jobs - multiple positions||Yellowstone National Park - Xanterra Parks and Resorts||See web link||Accepting applications now for summer employment|
|Summer Tour Guide||DIPAC||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Systems Specialist 1 - Building Automation||Siemens||Associate degree or 1-2 years vocational technical training. B.S. or B.A. preferred||Open until filled|
|Teller||Wells Fargo||Open to all students||Open until filled|
|Territory Manager||RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co.||College degree preferred||Open until filled|
|Tour Guide||Glacier Gardens||Must be 18 years of age||Open until filled|
|Training Coordinator||FAST Enterprises||Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience||Open until filled|
|Web Services - Entry Level||Amazon||Bachelor Degree||Open until filled|