Tribal Child Support Intern
Provide comprehensive child support services to children, custodial parent, and non-custodial parent.
- Interview applicants to identify TCSU and tribal services needed; analyze cases to determine appropriate actions; locate parents and their assets using available information.
- Conduct investigations and interviews to secure, document, and prepare usable information.
- Document contacts, correspondence, and record all actions in data system.
- Inform applicants of case progress upon request.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Initiate actions to establish paternity, child support orders, and income withholding orders under guidelines set by the Tribe.
- Locate and contact alleged father(s) and consult with the Child Support Attorney for case processing.
- Review low collections and hard to serve cases for ways to assist.
- Compile statistics from tribal population and assess greatest need.
- Coordinate and perform genetic testing for all parties involved in the case.
- File all court documents, genetic test results, and correspondence pertaining to the case.
- Respond to phone calls from public regarding court orders, complaint questions, etc
- Inform clients of late or uncollected payments to assist in appropriate collections.
- Record and track court fees and court ordered payments (genetic testing costs, service fees, etc.).
- Perform mail runs to the Tribal Court as necessary.
- Provide backup to TCSU Specialists.
- Must be willing to attend child support specific training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.