The goals of the program are to provide the opportunity for undergraduate students to:
- Conduct research in one of the following areas for 10 weeks at a nationally recognized Health Sciences Center
- Brain & Behavioral Neurosciences
- Cancer Biology
- Cardiovascular & Metabolic Disease
- Community Based/Health Disparities
- Environmental Toxicology & Pharmacology
- Infectious Disease & Immunity
- Build credentials for graduate, medical or other professional training.
- Improve writing, presentation and interview skills
- Assist in the design, collection, processing & analysis of scientific data.
- Learn cutting-edge research techniques and use state-of-the-art technology.
- Present their research to the New Mexico scientific community.
- Receive a summer stipend of up to $5000. (Used to pay for dormitories and stipend)
- “Experience so many interesting things” while having “a wonderful time” and a “great summer,” according to past participants.
Visit the job announcement for more information.