Interns would work alongside professional resources and recreation Forest Service employees on projects such as:
- Attaching nonskid material (recycled fish netting) to the walking surface of a variety of trail structures to improve traction and reduce safety hazards.
- Ibeck Stream Bank Restoration and the Sand ATV Trail Reconstruction Project: installing stream bank erosion control structures along the Ibeck Creek, spread rock and gravel on boggy areas of the Sand ATV Trail and reroute new trail locations.
- Annual and deferred trail maintenance: Safety brushing, clearing and water diversion structure maintenance.
- Sheridan Glacier Lake Trail Boardwalk Extension Project and Childs Glacier North Trail Boardwalk Construction Project: constructing extensions to boardwalks over flooded section of trails.
- Bunkhouse quarters are available. Travel funds may be available.
For more information, visit the link: http://www.chugachchildrensforest.org/2014-summer-internships