|Company: ||Alaska Brewing Company |
|Position: ||Customer Service Representative|
|Requirements: ||Must be 21 yrs. old||Summary: |
Under the general direction of designated lead person, a Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for ensuring that every customer that enters the store, or contacts the brewery by phone or e-mail is treated professionally with the utmost quality of service. Position will be responsible for all manner of customer service, including, but not limited to: speaking to and answering questions about Alaskan Brewing Company, its beers and story; assisting customers at the highest quality level possible; answering phones, cleaning duties, inventory control, merchandising, cash handling and other duties as assigned. A CSR will always be working during designated work hours, no idle time. This is an hourly position. Overtime and weekend work may be required. This is a non-exempt, temporary administrative position.
- Meet and greet customers, handle gift shop cash register.
- May be required to pour samples at hospitality bar. May be required to diligently monitor liquor age requirements as well as customer consumption, and address issues that arise.
- May be required to give public tours regularly with knowledge of brewing process
- All CSR’s must understand Alaskan beer products and brewery “story”
- Keeps merchandise stocked, clean and organized
- Maintains store and tour area appearance. Daily janitorial duties are expected including vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing and cleaning and supply stocking of restrooms and other janitorial duties as assigned.
- May assist with business office responsibilities including answering phones, distributing mail, postage and fax machines.
- May assist with display preparation.
- May assist with mail-order fulfillment and fulfillment of donation requests.
- May be required to fill in other areas of production/office/store responsibilities at both locations.
- Ability to communicate well with other people, both orally and in writing.
- Physical ability to stack 40 lb cases to a height of seven feet and to lift kegs weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive lifting, building product displays and merchandising store.
Special Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Cash handling skills.
- Ability to set priorities and manage competing demands.
- Moderate computer skills using word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
Alaska Brewing Company Online Application
|Contact: ||Rochelle Rogers|
|Contact at: ||(907) 780-5961|
|Closing Date: ||Open until filled|