|Company:||Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)|
|Position:||Marketing and Communications Specialist|
The Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI), Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development (DCCED) State of Alaska is seeking candidates for Marketing and Communications Specialist.
This position is located in Juneau, Alaska and reports to the Director of ASMI’s Communication Program. This position is a range 14 – 16 flex position.
1. Order seafood product and swag
2. Update websites with WordPress or other content management
3. Responsible for organizing and updating image, video, and media libraries
4. Work with the Communications Director and Public Relations team on special projects and events as needed
5. Collect information from ASMI marketing programs, draft and send weekly updates, newsletters to Administration, board and stakeholders.
6. Organizing and executing trade and consumer shows (such as Pacific Marine Expo, Comfish, and Alaska Federation of Natives convention) including booth design, product/fish orders, literature orders, staffing, etc.
7. Overseeing committee meeting preparations, venue locations, meeting minutes, and committee communications.
8. May at times represent the Communications Program at staff, board, and committee meetings to the general public and the seafood industry.
9. Hosting media, chef, and seafood trade groups from the US and international markets on familiarization trips in Alaska.
10. Participate in both Communications program planning including preparing promotional proposals and ideas for review by the program director and advisory committee.
11. Coordinate programs and projects with outside contractors, industry organizations, and state and federal governments as directed.
Minimum qualifications: This position requires a high school diploma or GED and three years’ work experience in a professional office. Knowledge of Alaska fisheries,
products, markets is desired.
Additionally, successful candidates will demonstrate:
State of Alaska Executive Exempt (XE) range 14-16 wage and benefits.
Please submit resume, three (3) references, and a cover letter outlining how you meet the minimum qualifications, address the above 11 job responsibilities and describe your skills
as bulleted above. This cover letter will be used to determine which applicants will move on to the interview process. Please submit all required items to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by 4 PM AKST September 12, 2016.
ASMI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer