|Company: ||DIPAC's Macaulay Salmon Hatchery|
|Location: ||Juneau, AK|
|Position: ||Seasonal tour guide|
|Requirements: ||See job posting||Summary: ||Tour guide is a customer service oriented position that acts as the face of the Macaulay Salmon Hatchery and Ladd Macaulay Visitor Center. The position requires public speaking in front of large groups as well as money handling skills. Tours guides will work in a fast-paced environment and will need to be able to multi-task and move from one work station to another as needed. Interest and knowledge of marine life and fisheries are a plus. |
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing educational commentary to large groups of people
- Giving one on one tours to small groups of people
- Conversing with a wide-range of guests, answering questions, and providing facts
- Retail sales, cash register operations, money handling
- Stocking merchandise
- Cleaning of visitor center, aquariums, and gift shop
- Mail Orders
- Providing guests with salmon samples
Public speaking experience from previous jobs or classes. Money handling skills and customer service experience a plus but not required. Must be willing to have a flexible schedule, and change shifts on short notice.
Pay Rate/ Job Length
Seasonal position: May - September. Full-time availability preferred, but will accept applications for part-time as well. Pay rate starts at $10-$13/hour.
Visit the DIPAC website for an online application. Resumes may be submitted to the e-mail address below.
|Contact: ||Katie Harms|
|Contact at: ||(907)-463-4810 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Closing Date: ||April 15, 2017|