|Company: ||Discovery Southeast|
|Location: ||Juneau, AK|
|Position: ||Summer Outdoor Youth Educator|
|Requirements: ||See job posting||Summary: |
Discovery Southeast provides a great opportunity to lead meaningful programs while working with, and learning from, outstanding educators and naturalists.
For over 25 years Discovery Southeast’s education and exploration programs have deepened Southeast Alaskans’ connection with nature. We are a regional non-profit started by outdoor leaders in Southeast Alaska to ensure that local residents, particularly children, experience the outstanding natural areas that travelers from around the world come to visit.
The Outdoor Youth Educator will spend the majority of their time in the field leading groups of elementary to middle school age children as they explore the natural history of Juneau.
- Provide support for, and ensure the physical and emotional safety and well being of a group of up to 13 children
- Promote good decision making skills, self leadership, and a curiosity for the outdoors
- Prepare and facilitate fun, engaging lessons and activities with a focus on outdoor skills, natural history, and nature education
- Experience working with elementary age children, particularly in group or outdoor education settings
- Experience in, and comfort with, the outdoors, such as guiding, backcountry travel, or natural history interpretation
- Enthusiasm for our goal of providing children formative experiences outdoors
See the job posting for details.
|Contact: ||Kelly Sorenson|
|Contact at: ||(907)-463-1500|
|Closing Date: ||February 14, 2017|