|Company:||Northern Company Sales|
A well-established distributor located in Juneau Alaska is looking for an energetic, positive personality to join our team. This person will assist in all aspects of front office responsibilities. This is a full time day shift position open immediately. Our company provides a great work environment and an excellent benefit package after the probationary period. Our operations team is very close, and extremely efficient. Experience in customer service, order entry and front office exposure is required. A positive attitude and the ability to work closely with the team is essential.
Position Number: L194
Compensation Range: $12.00 to $14.00 per hour DOQ
Direct reporting to: Juneau Office Manager
This position is classified as: Non-Exempt; Full-Time; Permanent
Day shift: Varied Hours -- Generally: Monday -- Friday, Hours 7:30am to 4pm
• Order entry.
• Shipment tracking.
• Process shipping requests.
• General upkeep of office areas.
• Assist Walk-in clients with pickups.
• Handle payments of cash, credit card and checks.
• Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages.
• Maintain professional demeanor while expediting all functions of work flow.
• Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
• Operate and maintain office machines such as photocopiers, facsimiles, scanners & multi-line telephone system.
• Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders and address complaints.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position requires sitting for extended amounts of time. Some lifting, bending, reaching and squatting throughout the shift while filing, sorting and moving product.
Minimum Requirements: (Must meet all requirements)
• Reliable transportation.
• Valid Alaska driver's license.
• Ten Key/Data Entry is a must.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Multi-line phone, copier, and fax machine experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
• Working knowledge of distribution/warehouse flow is a plus.
• 1-2 years in one or more following areas: wholesale, order entry, office.
• Effective written and oral communication skills; demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to respond appropriately to constant change in priorities and services as dictated by management.
• Type 40+ wpm/Ten Key and computer knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people.
• Vacation accruals at the start of employment.
• Sick accrual and holiday pay after 180 days of full time employment.
• Health, dental and life insurance after 180 days of full time employment.
• 401k plan with generous matching available after 180 days of employment.
All qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to email a resume to:
HR: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: Juneau/AK/Office Clerk