Position: Medical Receptionist
About this position
We are looking for an on-call staff member at our Juneau, AK Health Center. This position could work on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
Medical Receptionists provide support to patients and co-workers by performing a variety of administrative tasks in different areas of the health center.
Major responsibilities include:
- Performs front office responsibilities as required by the health center, with some cross-training for back-office responsibilities.
- Provides non-judgmental, client-centered care, and provides accurate information by answering questions and providing appropriate resources.
- Assists with optimizing patient flow to keep appointments on schedule through ongoing communication with the Lead Medical Assistant, the clinician and the health center manager.
- Establishes and prepares documents for patient records and patient services; completes patient insurance information and enters visit data into PPGNHI systems.
- Provides patients and co-workers with excellent customer service in all interactions and tasks.
Our ideal candidate:
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism and ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Values continuous learning and seeks ongoing training and development
- Models diversity awareness
- Values team work, flexibility and adaptability; embraces change
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other software applications; has experience with electronic health records
- 2+ years experience as a Medical Assistant or Receptionist
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One or two years’ experience in an office or medical setting
- Experience with reproductive healthcare in a clinical office or hospital setting with knowledge of EHR