The image editor allows basic image manipulation operations after an image has been imported into the CMS. The following operations are available:
- Resize dimensions (maintaining aspect ratio or not)
- Rotate clockwise/counterclockwise
- Flip horizontal/vertical
The editor works with the following file extensions by default:
The image editor is supported in the following browsers:
- IE 7 and 8
- Firefox 3.5, 3.6 and 4
- Chrome 10 and 11
Editing a new image
- Create a new File from the New menu.
- Under the Data section, select an image from your computer to upload. Once selected, the image will begin uploading.
- When the upload is complete, the image editor loads in the creation screen.
- Manipulate the image using any of the editing actions.
- Submit to save the new image.
Editing an existing image
To edit an existing image:
- Select the image to edit
- Go to the Edit tab. The image editor appears inline.
- Manipulate the image using the editor.
- Submit to save the changes to the image.
Image editing actions
These buttons work the same as the undo/redo in other editors. Undo is available after an operation has been performed. Redo is available after an undo operation was performed. There is no limit to the undo/redo operations.
The width and height text boxes show the current width/height of the image. The "link" icon between the width and height boxes determines if aspect ratio should be preserved with the resizing. By default, the aspect ratio is preserved. Click the icon to toggle the setting. To change the dimensions of the image, change the values in the width/height fields; then click the resize button to the right of the "Height" field.
The rotate buttons will rotate the image clockwise or counterclockwise.
The flip buttons will flip the image like a mirror, vertically or horizontally.
To crop, select what part of the image you want to crop by dragging the mouse on the image (the cursor will turn into a crosshair when hoving over the image).
After the cropping area has been selected, press the Crop button to crop.