This 19 minute video shows the process of creating and editing an employee record in the UAS Directory.
For best results, select play followed by HD and open in full screen (buttons next to each other on bottom right of viewing window.
Items to Emphasize:
- The system name for employee files is now standardized on the UA Username.
- All employee files are now stored in the dir folder, just inside uas.alaska.edu when you first log-in to the CMS
- A "reference file" is created in the advanced tab and the reference is placed inside the "directory" folder. The video gives the example of Barbara Hegel. In this case, the file "bahegel" was edited in the "dir" folder with the reference being placed in "directory/vice-chancellor-students/registrar/"
- When a new employee is created or removed in the dir folder their reference must be manually removed.
- For a new employee file (in the dir folder) to show up in a departments directory, in this case Registrar's Staff page, then the employee file as well as the staff page needs to be published. In most cases the staff pages are autopublished nightly.
- For a deleted employee file Iin teh dir folder) to now whop up in a departments directory then the employee file as well as the staff page needs to be published. In most cases the staff pages are autopublished nightly.