He holds Canadian Interprovincial status as a Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic, as well as nineteen Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications. These include:
- Master Automobile Technician
- Master Medium/Heavy Truck Technician (T1-T8)
- Automobile Advanced Engine Performance (L1)
- Electronic Diesel Engine Diagnosis (L2)
- Light Vehicle Compressed Natural Gas (F1)
- Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling
He has earned an A.A.S. in Diesel Technology and a B.S. in Technology (Teacher Education Option) from the University of Alaska Anchorage.
Tony Martin is the department head and primary instructor for the UAS Automotive Technology program. He has worked in the automotive, heavy-duty equipment, and industrial arena for over 24 years.