- Ph.D. Environmental Sciences, Studies and Policy, University of Oregon, 2009
- MA in American Studies, University of Texas at Austin, 2003
- BA Religious Studies and Women's Studies, Swarthmore College, 1998
- Book manuscript under contract with University of Arizona Press, The Ecological Other: Environmental Exclusion in American Culture, forthcoming 2013.
- "How Many Mothers Does It Take To Change All the Light Bulbs? The Myth of Green Motherhood", Journal of the Motherhood Initiative, August 2011.
- "Risking Bodies in the Wild: The 'Corporeal Unconscious' of American Adventure Culture," Journal for Sport and Social Issues, August 2009; 33; 257-284.
- "Endangering the Desert: Immigration, the Environment, and Security in the Arizona Borderland--Mexico Borderland," ISLE: Interdisciplinary Studies of Literature and Environment, Autumn 2010.
- Book Review: Sense of Place and Sense of Planet: The Environmental Imagination of the Global, by Ursula K. Heise
- "Reimagining Landscape", book review of Sowing Empire: Landscape and Colonization, by Jill H. Casid.
- Book Review, Environmentalism in Popular Culture: Gender, Race Sexuality, and the Politics of the Natural, by Noel Sturgeon.
- Book Review: Bodily Natures: Science, the Environment, and the Material Self, by Stacy Alaimo.
- "Teaching Jamaica Kincaid's 'In History' as Environmental Justice Literature," in Lauret Savoy and Alison Deming's Online Teaching Resource for The Colors of Nature: Culture, Identity, and the Natural World. Forthcoming
- Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences (AESS)
- Association for the Study of Literature and Environment (ASLE)
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
- American Society for Environmental History (ASEH)
- Association of American Geographers (AAG)
University of Alaska Southeast:
- Introduction to Geography
- Politics of the Body
- Dirty Natures: Race, Gender, and Justice
- Eco-Collapse: Fear, Risk, and Environmental Disaster
- Methods of Written Communication
- Introduction to College Writing
- Humans and the Environment, and Environmental Film
University of Oregon:
- Introduction to Environmental Literature
- Environment, Identity and Popular Culture
- Nature and Justice in American History
- Beginning College Composition
- Advanced College Composition
- College Composition