Applying to the Mathematics Education Graduate Certificate Program
By completing the UAS Graduate Certificate in Mathematics Education, you qualify for the UAS Institutional Recommendation to the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development's Endorsement in Mathematics Education. You may apply for this program at any point in your coursework, but you must apply before applying to EED for your endorsement.
Submit the following items directly to the admissions office:
- A completed UAS graduate application and $60 processing fee.
- Official academic transcript indicating a baccalaureate degree and a GPA of 3.0.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (on SOE recommendation form).
- A copy of current teaching or administrative certificate.
Submit all application materials to:University of Alaska SoutheastAttention: Admissions11120 Glacier HighwayJuneau, AK 99801
How to Apply to EED for your Endorsement (after completing coursework):
- Go to the Teacher Certification page at the EED Web site and follow their directions to Add an Endorsement.
- Send EED's Add an Endorsement form and a check made out to EED for their fee to UAS-School of Education, 11120 Glacier Hwy, HA1, Juneau, AK 99801 (current fee information is on the form).
- Request that all relevant official transcripts be sent to UAS-School of Education, 11120 Glacier Hwy, HA1, Juneau, AK 99801. To obtain transcripts from any University of Alaska unit, visit UAOnline.
When we receive the above items, we will verify that you have completed all coursework for the Endorsement and will notify you if anything is missing.
Please note that once your information and materials are submitted and accepted, you are in EED's database as having the endorsement. However, it can take 3-6 months for the certificate to actually arrive in the mail. If you want to call EED to check on the status of your endorsement, phone 907-465-2800.