By completing the UAS Graduate Certificate in Special
Education, you qualify for the UAS Institutional Recommendation to the
Alaska Department of Education and Early Development's Endorsement in Special Education. To apply for the certificate program, submit the following documents to the admissions office:
- A complete Graduate Application and $60 application fee
- Official transcript showing bachelor's degree with a 3.0 GPA
- Copy of current teaching certificate or admission to SOE teaching program
- Two letters of recommendation on SOE form
- Writing sample (1-2 page typed essay, double spaced). Describe your professional goals and explain why you want to be a special education teacher and/or work with individuals with disabilities. Describe your commitment to diversity in school and classroom settings.
Send all admission documents to:University of Alaska Southeast Admissions11120 Glacier HighwayJuneau, AK 99801
You can also fax or email all but the official transcript to 907-796-6365 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To request more information, please email or call:
Jill Burkert, Ph.D.
Interim Program Coordinator