Educational Leadership Superintendent Endorsement
The Superintendent Endorsement is a course of study that features e-Learning classes synced to fit your working schedule. All candidates take every class together with their cohort. The participants also undergo an on work site internship that spans the year.
This endorsement area was designed by a team of superintendents and leaders from across the state. It focuses on understanding the uniqueness of Alaskan Systems.
We plan to offer a one year course of study (pilot) beginning with Summer 2016.
Please note that this endorsement area is available for candidates residing in Alaska only.
(23 total credits)
|ED s593||Orientation to the Superintendency||1cr|
|ED s611||Leading to Learn in a Digital Age of Change||3cr|
|ED s642||Educational Governance||2cr|
|ED s644||Educational Finance||3cr|
|ED s691||Educational Leadership Inernship I||3cr|
|ED s646||District Operations||3cr|
|ED s691||Educational Leadership Internship||3cr|
|ED s650||Program Planning, Implementation and Evaluation||2cr|
|ED s647||Community Building||2cr|
|ED s698||Superintendent Portfolio||1cr|
Do not apply online via UAOnline, there is no application fee to apply for this Endorsement area! Please see below for specific application instructions.
3. Official Bachelor's & Master's Degree Transcripts
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or higher or Program Coordinator Approval
- Transcripts from UAA, UAF, or UAS are not required to be submitted
4. Letter of Recommendation
- Letter must be from the School Board or current Superintendent of the School District where the Internship will occur.
5. Statement of Professional Goals and Objectives. This is a 2-3 page typewritten and double spaced formal paper containing:
- The candidate's educational and professional experiences, and
- An outline of the professional goals and objectives to be achieved through the Superintedent Endorsement Area.
Please see the Writing Sample Guidelines
6. Verification of Service Form. Candidate must provide:
- one year Type B experience and four years of certified teaching experience (Initial, Professional, or Type A), or
- at least five years of verified public school experience with at least one year requiring a Type B Certificate
Please send all admission documents via email to the School of Education Student Services Assistant.
Or mail to:
Student Services Assistant
UAS, School of Education
11066 Auke Lake Way, HA 2
Juneau, Alaska 99801
If you have any Endorsement Area specific questions, please feel free to contact Dr. Martin Laster, Coordinator for the Superintendent Endorsement Area.