Educational Leadership Superintendent Endorsement
The Superintendent Endorsement is a course of study that features e-Learning classes synced to fit your working schedule. All candidates take every class together with their cohort. The participants also undergo an on-site internship in their local community that spans the year.
This endorsement area was designed by a team of superintendents and leaders from across the state. It focuses on understanding the uniqueness of Alaskan Systems.
Please note that this endorsement area is available for candidates residing in Alaska only.
(23 total credits)
|ED s593||Orientation to the Superintendency||1cr|
|ED s611||Leading to Learn in a Digital Age of Change||3cr|
|ED s642||Educational Governance||2cr|
|ED s644||Educational Finance||3cr|
|ED s691||Educational Leadership Internship I||3cr|
|ED s646||District Operations||3cr|
|ED s691||Educational Leadership Internship II||3cr|
|ED s650||Program Planning, Implementation and Evaluation||2cr|
|ED s647||Community Building||2cr|
|ED s698||Superintendent Portfolio||1cr|
Do not apply online via UAOnline, there is no application fee to apply for this Endorsement area! Please see below for specific application instructions.
3. Official Bachelor's & Master's Degree Transcripts:
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or higher or Program Coordinator Approval
- Transcripts from UAA, UAF, or UAS are not required to be submitted
4. Letter of Recommendation:
- Letter must be from the current superintendent, assistant superintendent, or other central office administrator holding a superintendent's endorsement.
- The administrator witing the letter of recommendation must indicate in writing that they will agree to act as a mentor to the applicant during the fall and spring semester internship courses. This will entail a minimum of one meeting per week with the student and assistance in defining and monitoring internship projects and activities.
5. Statement of Professional Goals and Objectives. This is a 2-3 page typewritten and double spaced formal paper containing:
- The candidate's educational and professional experiences, and
- An outline of the professional goals and objectives to be achieved through the Superintedent Endorsement Area.
Please see the Writing Sample Guidelines
6. Verification of Service Form. Candidate must provide:
- one year Type B experience and four years of certified teaching experience (Initial, Professional, or Type A), or
- at least five years of verified public school experience with at least one year requiring a Type B Certificate
Please send all admission documents via email to the School of Education Student Services Assistant.
Or mail to:
Student Services Assistant
UAS, School of Education
11066 Auke Lake Way, HA 2
Juneau, Alaska 99801
If you have any Endorsement Area specific questions, please feel free to contact Mr. Michael Byer.