Here are some steps to take to help make our campus mail more efficient:
- Please notify our office (796-6496) of new employees and their mail stop codes.
- Always put department org to be charged by return address.
- Charges for outgoing US mail can only be made to department orgs that
are on the current year's purchase order. Please let our office know
(796-6496) when adding an org to the purchase order.
- Be sure the address is complete and legible-don't forget the zip code.
- If your letter/package is going to another country, be sure the country name is spelled out.
- If you need to have something insured, be sure to note how much you want it insured for.
- Tag international mail with a post-it note overhanging edge of envelope.
- If you have a large quantity of outgoing US mail, it must be bundled separately by zip code and org.
- Please use the current inter-campus mail forms listed on the web site.
Visit the USPS website (www.usps.gov) to learn about the different shipping methods that are available and also to help determine the best shipping method for your particular circumstance: (www.usps.gov/tools/calculatepostage).