Faculty Senate Members
ARTICLE III. MEMBERSHIP
Section 1 Eligibility
A. Faculty Assembly
Members of the Faculty Assembly include 1) tenure-track faculty and 2) those term faculty who have worked in their positions three (3) or more years with a faculty appointment of 50% FTE or greater.
B. Faculty Senate
1) Those eligible for membership in the Faculty Senate are current members of the Faculty Assembly.
2) Faculty members on any type of sabbatical leave are not eligible to serve as members of the Faculty Senate.
Section 2 Designation
A. The membership of the Faculty Senate shall consist of elected representatives hereinafter referred to as Senators.
Section 3 Composition of the Senate
The Senate shall consist of the following:
A. Faculty Senators
1) Elected by and from the Faculty Assembly as set forth in the ByLaws.
2) One representative for each faculty academic unit, as defined in the ByLaws.
B. Campus Senator
1) Elected by and from the Faculty Assembly at each campus as set forth in the ByLaws.
2) One representative for each of the campuses, Ketchikan, Sitka, and Juneau.
The Provost shall be a non-voting, ex-officio member of the Senate.
2012 - 2013 FACULTY SENATE MEMBERS
Michael Stekoll , Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Virgil Fredenberg , Associate Professor of Education
Anne Jones , Assistant Professor
Sol Neely , Assistant Professor of English
Brian Blitz , Associate Professor of Mathematics & Program Coordinator
Amanda K. Sesko , Assistant Professor of Psychology
Caroline Hassler , Assistant Professor of Library Science, Technical Services Librarian
Claude (Chip) McMillan , Assistant Professor of Education
Christopher Donar , Assistant Professor of Science
Jon Martin , Associate Professor, Biology
Lindsey J. Doctorman , Assistant Professor of Public Administration
Rick McDonald , Associate Professor of Information Systems