- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be formally admitted to a program leading to a degree or certificate at UAS.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress in his/her course of study.
- Not be in default on any of the following:
- Federal Title IV loan (Stafford, FSLS or Perkins)
- Owe a refund on any federal Title IV grant or loan. (Pell, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant [FSEOG])
- State Educational Incentive Grant [SEIG] or Perkins.
If applying for federal need-based assistance, demonstrate financial need as indicated in the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
You may check your student loan status by accessing the National Student Loan Data System.