- Scholarships »
List of Ketchikan Scholarships
|Native||Fog Woman Coffee Higher Education Scholarship||06-30-2015||None|
|Miscellaneous||Mary Beck Scholarship presented by PEO Chapter H||07-20-2015||None|
|Health||PEO Chapter H Nursing Scholarship||07-20-2015||None|
Mary Beck Scholarship presented by PEO Chapter H
P.E.O. (Philanthropic Educational Organization), one of the pioneer societies for women, was founded on January 21, 1869, by seven students at Iowa Wesleyan College in Mount Pleasant, Iowa. Originally a small campus friendship society, P.E.O. soon blossomed to include women off campus. Today, P.E.O. has grown from that tiny membership of seven to almost a quarter of a million members in chapters in the United States and Canada. The P.E.O. Sisterhood is passionate about its mission: promoting educational opportunities for women. Our sisterhood proudly makes a difference in women's lives.
PEO Chapter H Nursing Scholarship
Fog Woman Coffee Higher Education Scholarship
The scholarship program provides financial aid to KIC enrolled members and non-members who are enrolled in another Urban/village corp. who are attending, or plan to attend, an accredited college or university in the pursuit of undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Students planning to attend full, part-time, or distance learning are eligible for scholarship awards. Undergraduates must maintain a 2.5 GPA or better each term. Graduate students must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA or better each term.
Mail completed applications to:
Fog Woman Coffee Scholarship
Po Box 11691
Bainbridge Is, WA 98110
Note: The due date has been extended to June 30, 2015.
- Completed application
- Official high school transcript or GED records
- Official college transcript(s) of all previous coursework
- Course registration for upcoming academic term
- Letter of recommendation (at least one but more may be submitted)
- Proof of Ketchikan Indian Community (KIC) enrollment/or other tribe enrollment - Metlakatla Indian Community
- Government-issued photo identification
- Essay response (500-700 words, typewritten) to the following: Tell us about your academic goals and how you plan to achieve them. What accomplishments have you achieved and how did you achieve them? (can be personal, career, or academic related) Tell us a little something about you. How do you plan to give back to your native community?