Federal Pell Grant
The Federal Pell Grant is given to students based upon their level of enrollment and Expected Family Contribution (EFC). If awarded, an eligible student can receive the same Pell Grant at any university. Click here for more information on the Federal Pell Grant.
- For the 2009-2010 academic year, awards range from $976 to $5350.
- Awards are based on a combination of EFC and level of enrollment:
- EFC range of $0-$4617.
- Levels of awards for full-time, three-quarter-time, half-time, or less-than-halftime enrollment; minimum enrollment is 1 credit hour per semester.
- Eligibility is based upon the number of enrolled hours at the end of the first week of classes.
- A student must be pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
- A FAFSA must be filed.
- The Federal Pell Grant is a need-based award and thus counts towards fulfilling a student’s overall need figure.