|Enrollment Level||Maximum Amount per Semester||Maximum Amount per Academic Year|
|Full-time (9 or more credits)||$2,000||$4,000|
|Half-time (6 or more credits)||$1,000||$2,000|
|Less-than Half-time (less then 5 credits)||$500||$1,000|
TEACH GrantAwards are for Graduate students ONLY. Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant.
In exchange for receiving a TEACH Grant, you must agree to serve as a full-time teacher in a high-need field in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves low-income students. As a recipient of a TEACH Grant, you must teach for at least four academic years within eight calendar years of completing the program of study for which you received a TEACH Grant.
IMPORTANT: If you fail to complete this service obligation, all amounts of TEACH Grants that you received will be converted to a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan. You must then repay this loan to the U.S. Department of Education. You will be charged interest from the date the grant(s) was disbursed.
Note: TEACH Grant recipients will be given a 6-month grace period prior to entering repayment if a TEACH Grant is converted to a Direct Unsubsidized Loan.
Eligibility Requirements and Steps to Obtain the TEACH Grant:
- Complete the FAFSA
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be admitted into an approved UAS Graduate Program (see list below)
- Have a 3.25 cumulative GPA from your bachelor's degree OR
- Score above the 75th percentile on a college admissions test
- Complete the following:
- Meet with the TEACH Grant Advisor in the School of Education and complete the TEACH Grant Recommendation form
Once all required documentation has been received, the Financial Aid Office will review and process the documents, please allow up to 10 business days to finish this process.
It will be your responsibility to log in to UAOnline and accept all or a portion of your award.
Approved UAS Graduate Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Secondary Education, pursuing a Science, Math or Foreign Language endorsement.
- Master of Education in Reading
- Master of Education in Special Education
Fulfill the Teaching Obligation Outlined in the Agreement to Serve:
- Teach in a high-need subject area for at least four years
- Serve as a Full-Time teacher for a total of at least four academic years within 8 calendar years after you completed the program you received the TEACH grant
- Be classified as a highly qualified teacher at a low-income school.
- Your teaching service must be in a high-need field (which are identified below)
- Bilingual Education and English Language Acquisition.
- Foreign Language.
- Reading Specialist.
- Special Education.
For any questions regarding the TEACH grant please contact UAS Financial Aid Office at (907) 796-6255 or email@example.com.
If you need to complete the TEACH Grant Recommendation Form please contact Marie Stevens, Administrative Assistant, School of Education at 907-796-6050. The School of Education is located in the Hendrickson Annex on the Juneau Campus.