UAS Enrollment Checklist
To ensure you start your academic journey at UAS on the right foot, make sure to complete all of your enrollment steps:
- Apply for admission - online
- Pay the application fee
- Send in any required documents and official copies of all transcripts and test scores
- Set up payment plans for tuition, fees, books, housing etc.
- Arrange for housing (out of town, Juneau campus students only) with UAS Housing
- Take placement tests (undergrad students with no college level mathematics or English). Available on campus or by distance!
- Meet with your academic advisor to select your classes and get registered. Not sure who your advisor is? Call 907-796-6000 or toll free at 1-877-465-4827.
- Activate your UAS user account and edit your profile to access your UAS email and class sites.
- Purchase your books for classes at MBS.
- Attend Orientation.
- Go to class!
Enrollment Questions and Answers:
For all UAS programs, please mail documents and transcripts to:
University of Alaska Southeast
11120 Glacier Hwy
Juneau, AK 99801
To qualify for WUE (Western Undergraduate Exchange) tuition rates, you must be a resident in one of the following states:
- New Mexico;
- North Dakota;
- South Dakota;
Please note that not all programs are eligible for WUE tuition. You must attach a written statement to your application for admission requesting to be admitted under the WUE program.
Students declared as WUE students are not eligible for resident tuition rates.
Contact the Office of Admissions for more details at (907) 796-6100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To begin the process for your UAS scholarship, there are two portions, the first is through UAOnline and the second is through the UAS Financial Aid website. Here are the steps:
- Go to UAOnline. Please note that the UAOnline portion of the scholarship application is required and you can not be qualified for any scholarships if you have not completed it.
- Click on Login to Secured Area
- Your User ID will be your student ID number
- Your PIN default is auto-generated and is mailed to you, unless you have changed it
- Click Login
- Click on Student Services, Financial Aid & Account Information
- Click on Scholarships
- Follow the steps listed to complete the UAOnline portion of the scholarship application
- Go to the Financial Aid Scholarship page and complete the form.
Prospective UA students wishing to take a placement test in a location other than their campus of enrollment need to find a proctor in their area and then follow the procedure for setting up a remote placement test according to the campus they plan on attending. Follow the link for campus of enrollment:
Once your application for admission is processed, you will be given a student ID number that will enable you to access UAOnline where you can check on the status of you application, as well as apply for UA Scholarships.
Your student ID number is an eight-digit number that you should have received in the mail. If you have not received your ID number yet, you can look it up using ELMO.If you have any questions, or need your PIN reset, please feel free to contact the Admissions Office at (907) 796-6100.