1. How do I get to my ePortfolio?
- Sign into UAS Online and click the View Portfolio link on the front page.
- Go to any UAS Online course and click the Portfolio link on the navigation bar.
- Click on the Portfolio: View link from a class list. This link will only appear once content has been added to a portfolio for that course.
5. How do I restore an item that has been removed from a page?
Go to the page, click the Manage Page link in the upper right. In Content Settings: Current Items, click Browse. You will then see a list of all of the items that have ever been added to any your portfolio pages. Find the item that was removed and click the Add button.
6. How do I make thumbnails of my images for posting in my portfolio?
The ePortfolio system can make thumbnails for you. To create a thumbnail when uploading your images, in Options for Images, choose Version to Display = Small and Click-to-View = Enabled. When the attachment has been added, preview your posting to see how it will look. The initial image will be small, and when someone clicks on it, a new window will open with the original size of the image.
8. What is a forum, and how do I create one?
A forum is a place on an ePortfolio page where you and others can engage in discussions.
To add a forum to any portfolio page, simply go to Manage Page, then Content Settings and Forum Settings, and check the box to Display a Forum on this page.
9. How can participants in my forum create new topics?
As explained in the Forum Settings, "People with General Access can view content and Reviewers can post."
By default, for course portfolios, all participants in the class are reviewers. For non-course portfolios, no one is a reviewer.
To add a reviewer go to Manage Page, then Access Settings, and put the usernames of the people you want to review in the Reviewers text box.
10. Can I see what other people have created?
Several portfolios have been published and are browsable from the "Welcome to UAS Online" page. As a participant in a course, you will be able to view and comment on the portfolios of your fellow students from the class list.
11. Can anyone look at my ePortfolio?
By default, portfolios pages are viewable by others but the person would need to know how to get to it. In the "Manage Page" option, you can restrict the access settings.