Getting Started with Elluminate Live!
for Students and Faculty
Elluminate Live! is the University's web meeting software for online classes or student/staff collaboration.
Used primarily in teaching e-Learning courses, Elluminate Live! bridges the gap between campus, instructor, and student. It can be used to present guests speakers, hold virtual office hours, and bring together colleagues from all over the US and the World.
To use Elluminate Live! you'll need to follow the set up procedures below.
Elluminate Live! Set-up
- Requires the use of speakers and microphone or a headset
- Tech Check
Familiarize yourself with one or more of these resources for learning how to use Elluminate Live!
Now it's time to try it for youself!
- Be sure to have your speakers and microphone or headset plugged in.
- Go to your course website at UAS Online and select WebMeeting button.
- Follow the steps for Audio Setup Wizard
- In the Elluminate Tools menu choose Audio
- Choose Audio Setup Wizard
- Follow the Instructions
- Play with the communication and whiteboard tools. Try printing the screen.
- Try saving the whiteboards
- From the Elluminate File menu, choose Save, then Whiteboards
- Make sure you save a "PDF" file - you will have a document with a whiteboard image on each page
- Contact the Helpdesk at 877-465-6400 or 796-6400 (in Juneau)
- Your class Elluminate session is available to you 24/7
- You can use it to connect with classmates, any time your instructor does not have it scheduled
Using Elluminate from your Course Site
Using Elluminate from your Portfolio
More Training from Elluminate.com
If you have problems contact the Helpdesk for support toll free at 877-465-6400 or 796-6400 (in Juneau).