Description: Enabling Pop-ups
To allow pop-ups to a site, follow these steps. If attempting to allow pop-ups on UAS sites, enter "https://[*.]uas.alaska.edu"
- Open Internet Explorer and click Internet Options on the Tools menu,
- Click the Privacy tab, if the Pop-Up blocker is turned on,
- Click settings and enter the site address: "http://sitename.com"
- Click close and then OK.
Google Chrome prevents pop-ups from automatically appearing and cluttering your screen. Whenever the browser blocks pop-ups for a site, an icon appears on the top-right in the address bar. Click the icon, check 'Always allow pop-ups from "http://sitename.com'.
To see blocked pop-ups for a site, follow the steps listed below.
- Type the following in to the address bar in Chrome: chrome://settings/contentExceptions#popups
- Add "http://sitename.com" then click done.
- Open Firefox and Type the following into the address bar: about:preferences#content
- Then Add the following address: http://sitename.com
- Next click 'Allow' and then 'Close'.
Safari only allows you to have the pop-up blocker turned on or off.
- Open up your Safari Web browser,
- Go to the Safari menu and choose Preferences,
- Then security and uncheck the box next to 'Block pop-up windows',
- Click the red button to close the preferences window.
After making the changes in the web browsers outlined above, the website will open in a new tab.