To live in student housing you must maintain a full-time enrollment and a 2.0 cumulative grade point average. Be sure to apply early! The Housing Complex is a popular place to live and, typically, fills early -- usually four to five months prior to the start of the Fall semester. Some cancellations may provide opportunities for walk-ins during registration. Housing rates are set annually. Costs include all utilities except phone and cable television. Upper class students and returning residents have priority for apartment-style housing.
Applying for housing at UAS is very simple. The first step is filling out the housing application, or pick one up at our office.
Housing Deposit & Application Fee
In order to secure your housing application and receive priority for housing placement, a $25 non-refundable application fee and a $300 housing deposit is required for all housing applications. You may pay the application fee and deposit by cash, check, or credit card. We currently cannot accept deposits online.
Your housing deposit is refundable if:
- you are not placed in housing due to over flow
- you withdraw your application before July 1 for Fall Semester, Dec 1 for Spring Semester
- upon move-out if check-out is complete and satisfactory according to your contract
Your housing deposit is non-refundable if:
- you are placed in housing and withdraw your application
- you withdraw your application on or after July 1 for fall semester, Dec 1 for spring semester
- break the housing agreement (see agreement)
- if check-out is incomplete or unsatisfactory according to your contract