Our Human Resources staff adhere to University Policy & Regulations to appropriately classify positions and ensure fair compensation. The tools found below outline our current classification and compensation processes at UAS. For more information on these processes please contact your HR Consultant.
If a change needs to be made to an employee's duties, position classification, or salary, follow the steps in these guides below to navigate university policy and regulations.
University of Alaska Southeast
- Personnel Budget Procedures and Practices
- Reduction options for exempt employees
- Reduction options for non-exempt employees
- Our HR payroll technicians also require the submission of job forms to change assignments (pay, hours, contract length, labor distribution, etc.)
University of Alaska Statewide
Answers to our most commonly asked questions regarding position descriptions, such as:
- How does it work?
- What is the value?
- How do I get a new position classified?
Answers to our most commonly asked questions regarding employee compensation.
- Are there yearly salary increases?
- Do I have to work overtime?
- Don't I have to get paid for on-call time?
View present and past salary schedules for staff, temporary staff, and student employees as well as:
- Information regarding geographic differentials
- Links to other UA system resources