Here are links to specific topics that are frequently requested. Click on a question to expand it.
Be sure and browse the left side menu to find out more (scroll down to see it all).
In the Control Panel under Course Tools you'll find the "UAS Course Linker"
Step-by-Step Instructions and Explanation: UAS Course Linker
UAS Blackboard now has a "Student Preview". Click on the button that looks like circle with arrows to enter Student Preview:
You wikll be able to view content and perform student activities such as taking tests, submitting assignments etc. When you exit student preview you will be asked if the test student should be deleted from the course - answer "No" and you will be able to go to the grade center and grade the test student's work. Enter student preview again and you can view My Grades as the test student. When you are finished - just change your choice to allow the test student to be deleted as you exit Student Preview.
Older (alternative) method
In a few situations (such as when you want more than one test student) you may want to continue to utlize the older method of creating a guest account on UAS Online and adding that account to your course.
You can create a Guest-Account in UAS Online and enroll them as a student in your course. Once you've created a guest-account in UAS Online, that "person" must have visited any blackboard course at least once before they will be in the Blackboard database and can be enrolled in your course.
Step-by-Step Instructions: Enrolling a UAS Online guest account as a student in Blackboard.
To add anyone to your Blackboard course site (as Students, Instructors or Teaching Assistants) they need to have visited any UAS Blackboard course at least once (by logging into UAS Online and clicking on a course name for Fall 2012 or later to visit Blackboard as a Guest).
Then you can add their username by:
- Going to the Control Panel then Users and Groups
- Click on Users
- Click on the "Find Users to Enroll" button
- Type in their UA username (do NOT use browse)
- Choose their role (Student is default, you can also choose Instructor or Teaching Assistant. Teaching Assistants have the same powers as Instructors but are not included in the Classlist - you'll also see helpdesk people appearing as TAs if they enter your course to help.)
- Click Submit
If you can't find them, then you can use the Browse button to search by last name or user name - sometimes it's a little quirky and you may need to go back and just type in the username that you found rather than "choosing" them with the Browse button.
To change someone's role AFTER they are on your User list - use the drop-down menu next to their name.
- Anyone added manually will NOT automatically have the course listed on their UAS Online course list - they will need to search for it. They can click the small "bookmark" link next to the course name to save it to their course list.
- Instructors or TAs who are not in Banner must also be added as moderators to the Webmeeting - Click on the Webmeeting link and then the Webmeeting Settings button - add their usernames as moderators.
To add someone who does not have a UA username - see the item "Adding a UAS Online Guest Account as a Student" - follow the same instructions and you can choose any role for them.
You can add a webMeeting (Blackboard Collaborate) to any page on your UAS Online portfolio. These WebMeetings are by default open to the public so you can use them for professional meetings, for online office hours involving multiple classes, etc.
Step-by-step Instructions: Add a WebMeeting to a UAS Online Portfolio page (pdf)
Yes! Faculty and staff can create test course in the "Test" semester. Courses in the "Test" semester are on the same server as normal semester courses and content may be copied to other courses. These courses should be used for experimentation or advance development of new courses - they would not be used for teaching.
Step-by-Step Instructions: Create a test course.
Copying and Pasting between tabs in Blackboard my not produce a result even when using Cntrl-C and Cntrl-V
A fix is possible for the Firefox browser:
- In the address (URL) bar type about:config
- Click on the "I'll be careful" message
- In the search box type: dom.event.clipboardevents,enabled
- For this search result, click on the falue "true" to change it to "false"