May 27, 2015 - Respondus is currently not connecting directly to UAS Blackboard. You will first need to install the program but now there is now a "patch" available for this issue - otherwise see below for a work-around. Also be sure and check out how to get started using Respondus.
Respondus is a Windows program which lets you create and manage tests
- Create tests in Word (you can even insert pictures in the questions!)
- Tests can be easily uploaded to Blackboard
- Tests can also be printed
- Use Respondus to export tests and reports
UAS has an annual site license for Respondus. Download and licensing information is found on the site below. The license renews in July - you will need to return and get a new installation password each year. Update - if you have the pre-configured server installed and a recent update then you shouldn't have to re-install the license each year.
- Download Respondus and get Installation Code (Requires UAS login)
The information below will help you get started.
More help (from Respondus)
An alternative way to generate a file for importing tests is to use this Online Blackboard Test Generator from BYU-Idaho.
Installing this patch will let you connect to Blackboard and upload or download tests and pools.
- You must first Download and Install Respondus. Follow directions on this page and enter the license number.
- Download and run the patch (.msi file) that can be found here.
- After the patch has been installed you should NOT install any further updates - they will "break" the patch and you'll have to re-install it again.
- A longer term solution is in the works.
There is a work-around where you can save your test as a zip file then load that to Blackboard. Use this method when you can't connect directly to Blackboard.