The Discussion Board contains Forums which allow class participants to make posts and reply to others. Forums are created by the instructor who sets options such as availability, grading or ability to subscribe. A "Thread" consists of an initial post and all replies.
More information about the Discussion Board, including grading, can be found at ondemand.blackboard.com.
Enabling the Discussion Board
- When your Blackboard Course Site is initially created, the link to the Discussion Board (Discussions) is hidden from students. This is indicated by the slashed square next to this menu entry (1).
- Enable use of the Discussion Board, use the drop-down menu (2) to the right of the menu entry and choosing "Show Link" (3).
Creating a Forum
In order for your students to post, you'll need to make at least one Discussion Board Forum.
- Click on the Course Menu link "Discussions"
- Click on the button "Create Forum"
- Set options for the forum