UAS Juneau Classrooms
The majority of our Egan classrooms are outfitted with wall-mounted TVs that accept an HDMI connection. If you are trying to connect to our TVs using a non-HDMI source, you may need to use an adapter (i.e. MacBook's use MiniDisplayPort and older laptops may use VGA ports). Adapters for in-class use can be checked out at the Classroom Support desk in the Egan Library.
A handful of Egan classrooms and the Whitehead building classrooms use projectors that accept a VGA connection. If you are trying to connect to a projector using a non-VGA source, you may need an adapter. Again, we have adapters available at the Classroom Support desk for check out.
(Please keep in mind that our plan is to have HDMI capable equipment in all Egan classrooms and Whitehead classrooms by Summer 2016.)
Juneau classrooms are located on the UAS Campus:
- Egan Library Classrooms
- Egan Library Wing Classroom Extension
- Whitehead Building Classrooms
For more information about available classroom technologies please contact:
Classroom scheduling in Juneau is primarily done through the Facility Scheduling Coordinator Jim Isturis at (907) 796-6459. For more information about room scheduling please follow this link: http://www.uas.alaska.edu/registrar/scheduling.html.
Egan Library Classrooms
There are two classrooms within the Egan Library.
- EL 104 is a Broadcast classroom that supports an audience of 35 people. While this classroom is used to broadcast Academic Accomplishments, Student Achievements, and Public Service programming, it is also used for distance classes. Distance students can participate in class by using multimedia software, while Juneau students can participate in this unique delivery system by attending in the audience.
- EL 210 supports 16 people and is used primarily as an audio or conference classroom but does not include a multimedia cart.
Egan Wing Classrooms
The newest addition to our campus is the Egan Wing that was completed in 2003. The Egan Wing provides space for lectures, audio and video conferences, and has one large venue space.
There are 14 classrooms in the Egan Wing. Most classrooms have a multimedia cart (unless otherwise noted) that includes a projector, a DVD Player, and a receiver with speakers. Instructions for multimedia cart use should be located on each cart along with remotes for each item.
However, the classrooms are slowly being updated with HD flat panel televisions (currently located in EG116, EG114, and EG115). If you find there is no multimedia cart or HD television in the room you're using, please contact the UAS help desk at 796-6400. (In house extensions are 6400 and 6521.)
- EG116 supports up to eight people. It is primarily used for distance classes that use video conferencing technology and includes a HD flat panel (multimedia cart not available).
There are three classrooms that will support 16 people.
- EG113 is primarily used for audio and video conferences and includes a HD flat panel (multimedia cart not available).
- EG114 is primarily used for lectures.
- EG115 is primarily used for audio and video conferences and includes a HD flat pane (multimedia cart not available).
- EG220 supports up to 22 people and is primarily used for lectures.
There are eight large classrooms that will support 40 people each.
- EG112 (The lecture hall) is primarily used for lecturing audiences and for hosting community events and support up to 150 people.
Whitehead Building Classroom
There is one computer classroom, WH102, located on the first floor of the Whitehead Building. This classroom has a projector, a docking stations for university laptops, and a set of powered speakers, in addition to 20 computers available for student use.