Services Available at the UAS Health Clinic
- Students can be seen for many illnesses or problems. These include minor illnesses, injuries, rashes, gynecological issues, depression, and chronic problems such as asthma, high blood pressure, and allergies. The Clinician can diagnose, prescribe medication, or refer to a specialist, such as a psychiatrist or orthopedic physician.
- A stock of basic medications is kept in the clinic, including birth control pills, antibiotics, and emergency contraception. Students must pay for medications. Prescriptions can also be written for students to fill at their local pharmacy.
These tests are available at the UAS Clinic:
- Strep Throat
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Vaginal Infections
- Tuberculosis (PPD)
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Pap test
For lab tests not offered at the UAS Clinic, students can go to Bartlett Regional Hospital with a lab request provided by the UAS Clinic. Bartlett will bill the student, or their insurance, for these tests. The results will be sent to the UAS Clinic.
X-Rays and other Radiology Procedures
- Students can have x-rays and other radiology tests done through Bartlett Regional Hospital. Bartlett will bill the student, or their insurance for these.
- Women over 40 can get a free mammogram through the Breast and Cervical Health Check program if they meet the income requirements. Students can enroll through the UAS Clinic.