The mission of the UAS Housing & Residence Life department is to:
- Provide a safe, secure, and affordable living environment that serves students in an efficient manner.
- Create a community atmosphere that advocates for agency, mutual respect, and accountability for diverse peoples.
- Develop student leaders who are role models dedicated to their own academic success and personal development, as well as their peers.
- Promote the philosophy of reflective engagement as a key to self-authorship, critical thinking, and building meaningful connections.
- Support co-curricular activities that utilize student energy and involvement to implement educational and social programming that develops relevant life skills.
Residence Life Learning Outcomes:
- Residents will demonstrate reflective thinking as a tool for learning and growth through exploration of their values and goals
- Residents will develop and demonstrate inclusive behaviors that show their commitment to equality and diversity in the broadest sense.
- Residents will be able to recognize credible sources of information or resources that relate to a successful academic experience and personal well-being.
- Residents will demonstrate a commitment to academic success through:
- Appropriate Time Management;
- Effective Study Skills;
- Successful GPA.
- Residents will take responsibility for the community environment, demonstrated by a commitment to:
- Sustainable Living Practices
- Personal and communal safety and security
- Confronting and reporting violations of community standards
Content maintained by
Housing and Residential Life.