Instructions for Mobile Classroom Users
The earlier you contact me the more likely you are to acquire a mobile classroom at the date and time you request. To schedule a mobile classroom, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If I don't respond to your request within one business day, please contact the help desk by phone at 796-6400 or email at email@example.com.
To reserve the mobile classroom I need the following information.
- Date for delivery
- Mobile classroom delivery and pick up time
- Room number
- Instructor's name
- Department and course name/number
- Contact telephone number
Delivery and Access
- The laptops will be delivered to the classroom at the time you request (+ or - 5 minutes). Someone needs to be in the classroom to accept responsibility for the laptops.
- The laptops will be available for students to pull out and place on their desk.
- If your students need to save files, they should save them in the UASHome Docs folder or use a USB flash drive.
- The printer is delivered with a name tag. Use this name from the dropdown list when printing.
- If class adjourns early, please call the helpdesk at 796-6400 for pick up. Please do not leave the laptops unsupervised.
- Students can put the laptops back on the cart or leave them on the desk for staff to pick up.
- Since batteries are used for the primary power supply, it's important to have the laptops ready for pick up at the scheduled pick up time.
- Do not save files on the laptops. Each power off with delete all profiles.
- Generally, it will takes less than 5 minutes for a laptop to be moved from the cart, started, logged onto, and have an application running.
- Logging off will take approximately five minutes because students need to save their work and/or email or print work for instructors.
If a problem occurs with a laptop during the class, we need documentation. This includes:
- Identify the machine with a sticky note (provided).
- Identify the program and what the user was doing when the problem occurred.
- Identify battery, if battery life fails.