Math Review Tips
- Buy the textbook. Too many people think that they can just borrow their book from other students, use the one in the Learning Center, or just do the class without it. There is no review tool which equals the textbook.
- Ask specific questions. While doing homework, identify specific areas in which you’re having difficulties. This can be crucial when trying to figure out what to study. It also can be extremely helpful when getting help from a tutor or professor.
- Utilize the Learning Center. The Learning Center can be a great way to review or get help on the problems that you’re having. With tutors and staff that are available to help you, you have many people that are willing to help you accomplish your goal.
- Attend all classes. If you’re not spending time in classes, you’re most likely not learning very much. Math textbooks are hard to just sit down and study from scratch, and class periods can give you a great feel for the material as well as possibly answer questions you had.
- Read the appropriate section before class. With a bit of preparation, class time can make much more sense with a bit of background in the topic before the professor talks about it.
Online Math Review Websites
Content maintained by The Learning Center.