The Student Accounts Office is responsible for billing and collection of student tuition, and fees. Please stop by, call or email us with your questions. We are located on the first floor of the Zeigler Building.
Our Mission Statement
Our office is dedicated to providing quality services to the students, parents, faculty and staff, and to support the University of Alaska’s educational goals through the correct assessment of student fees, collections procedures, and receipting the University funds.
To retain registration students must submit one or more of the following:
1) a completed financial aid package (included all required supporting paperwork),
2) personal payment, (call us at 228-4530 or 1-888-550-6177 in AK)
3) an account with Tuition Management Systems or
4) a letter of authorization from an agency.
Proof of payment is required by January 9 for spring 2013 semester length courses or two weeks before the course begins for short-term courses. Students not submitting Proof of Payment by the deadline will be dropped for nonpayment.
Important Upcoming Dates
|January 9:||Tuition & Fees are due for spring 2013 Semester|
|January 29:||Last Day to Drop spring courses for 100% Refund|
There are many reasons why a student might be eligible for a refund. If you have questions or believe you should have a refund please call (907) 228-4530 or you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Refund
Refunds to students for Financial Aid are generated after the aid is received and all charges have been paid. Refunds for payments made on a student account should be requested by notifying Student Accounts at (907) 228-4530. Refunds can take up to two weeks to process after being requested, and are not available for pickup until the first day of class for any specific term.
All approved Financial Aid/Scholarship information is reflected on the billing statements. If you are awarded additional scholarships after the billing statements are e-mailed out, you should contact the Student Accounts Office to request a new bill. If you are a sponsored student and your tuition or fees will be paid by an independent third party or University Department, please contact Julia Guthrie at (907) 228-4530.
Petitions for a tuition refund
Petitions for refund of university financial obligations may be granted when a student has been physically disabled, has experienced a death in the family, has a change in employment hours or location beyond the student's control or has other extenuating circumstances. Written documentation of the condition is required (appeal forms may be obtained from the web at www.uas.alaska.edu/forms/documents/petition.pdf or from the Student Accounts office, and or Records and Registration. All petitions should be turned into the Business office in the Ziegler Building. Petitions are reviewed only if documentation of circumstances is provided. Petitions are reviewed only after a student has officially withdrawn from the course(s). After the fourth week of the semester, verification of attendance and participation is required from each instructor. Petitions must be filed by the last day of instruction for the term for which the petition is filed.
Electronic deposit of financial aid and refunds directly to your bank account is available and will allow:
- Access to your funds sooner
- No waiting for a check in the mail!
- No waiting in line to deposit your check into your bank account
- No worry about checks lost in the mail!
- Safe and secure Ach transfer direct to your bank account!
- Receive Email notifications to your University of Alaska assigned email address when refund is deposited in bank account!
- Easy to use. Enroll Online!
Once you setup your bank information online (checking or savings), all future refunds and financial aid will be deposited directly to your bank account within 3-4 days of the University processing a payment.
The initial setup is quite simple and will only have to be done once during your life as a UA student unless you change banks or decide to stop participating in your direct deposit.
You will be notified via UA e-mail when the setup is complete; when a deposit is processed and any time you make changes to your direct deposit bank information.
To learn more about Direct Deposit, click on "Information on Direct Deposit Services" on UAOnline home page (prior to logging in to Secured Area)
To setup direct deposit and begin receiving Direct Deposits, sign on to UAOnline Secured Area, then:
- Click on Student Services; Financial Aid & Account Information.
- Click on Direct Deposit Services.
- click on First time setup off direct deposit (take note of the other options available here once you have initially setup direct deposit).
- Next follow the instructions on how to enter your bank information. Be sure to confirm your account number with your bank.
- Be sure to end by clicking on the "Submit" button.