Place your order early (a minimum of 7 to 10 days before class starts) to allow time for shipping.
How do I contact MBS Direct?Phone: 1-800-325-3252
How do I charge my books to financial aid?
- Complete your financial aid including submitting all required forms.
- After your financial aid is complete, fill out the book voucher and select "submit".
- When your voucher is available, MBS Books will send e-mail notification to the e-mail address you provide.
- Go online and order your books at http://bookstore.mbsdirect.net/ualaska.htm with the voucher number you received via email. Please allow a minimum of 1 week processing time after order is placed. Vouchers expire and must be re-requested after two weeks.
Vouchers can NOT be used to order books for UAA or UAF courses or from any bookstore other than MBS books.
Can I sell back my books?
Yes, MBS Direct buys back their books online! Click here to visit your virtual bookstore, then simply log in and follow the directions given.
Do I have to use MBS books?
Students need to go to MBS Direct or UASOnline to find required books but can purchase books from any bookstore. For your protection, order by ISBN number (located on MBS web site) to ensure you have the correct book and edition when ordering from another book seller or from a student.
Charge your UAS books to Student Financial Aid with this
MBS Book Voucher Application
You can not receive a book voucher until all your financial aid forms have been completed, processed, submitted, and your financial aid has been approved. Be aware that $750 will be held out of your financial aid award for use at MBS Books. You will receive a refund for any unused book funds approximately 6 weeks after the beginning of the semester. MBS book vouchers can not be used for UAA or UAF campuses.
To avoid a delay in receiving your books and to avoid having $750 held out of your financial aid, you may wish to purchase your books using a debit or credit card.
To obtain a Student Financial Aid MBS Book Voucher, follow these steps after completing your financial aid:
- Fill out form at the bottom of the page and select the submit button.
- UAS Ketchikan will notify MBS Books to generate a voucher when your financial aid has been approved and is available for purchasing books
- When your voucher is available, MBS Books will send you e-mail notification to the e-mail address you provide
- Once you receive the e-mail notification, you can then go online and order your books at http://bookstore.mbsdirect.net/ualaska.htm. Please allow a minimum of 1 week processing time after order is placed.
Questions? Contact Julia Guthrie at (907) 228-4530 or email@example.com
Submission of this form does not order your books for you! You must order your books directly from MBS Books!
Students may purchase books from any vendor of their choice. Only MBS can offer you a voucher to charge your books toward your financial aid. If purchasing from a vendor other than MBS it is the students responsibility to ensure they are ordering the correct (and complete) set of required textbooks. Reference ISBN numbers to ensure you have the correct book and edition.
|Book purchases||Book rentals|
Compare prices between online venders at SlugBooks.com
This list is provided as a service to students. UAS Ketchikan does not guarantee the level of service from any of these vendors.