If the Library's Catalog indicates that UAS has the item:
- then bring the item to the Circulation Desk and fill out a reserve request form (PDF) to give to a Circulation Assistant along with the item.
If UAS does not own the item:
- Check UAS databases (for articles) and netLibrary or ebrary (for books) to see if the item is available in full text. If so, ask a librarian how to link to these from UAS Online. or
- Ask the author of an article or chapter to send you a reprint and put it on reserve. or
- Submit a photocopied article or chapter - one copy permitted for each 15 students enrolled in your course. The "fair use" provision of the Copyright Act covers a single term's use; for subsequent terms, ask the publisher for permission, pay fees & keep good records. or
- Scan an article and make it available within a secure, password-protected UAS Online site for students in your course, but only for a time period equivalent to a "class session" see the Copyright FAQ for details. or
- Ask the Library to purchase a copy of the book, video, audiotape, as we do not put materials from other libraries (local or remote) on reserve.
Fill out a reserve request form (PDF) and give it to a Circulation Assistant at the Circulation Desk along with the item. A policy statement (PDF) gives details about faculty, staff, and user responsibilities for reserve materials.
Contact a Circulation Assistant
Lana Clark 796-626
Liana Wallace 796-6360
Find a record for the item in the library catalog. Click on the Hold icon and enter your user ID (barcode on your library card) and personal identification number (PIN) (4 digits) then select UAS Egan Library or whichever Juneau location is convenient for you to pick up the item. If you need a PIN, please consult library circulation staff for assistance (at UAS, 796-6300). You will be notified by phone when the item arrives and you can pick it up at the Circulation Desk of the library you chose for delivery.
Use the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan system.
Learn how to here.
Call the Reference Desk 796-6502 or toll-free 1-877-796-6502 and give the information requested in order to establish your affiliation with UAS. or
Go to the Help Desk Login FAQ and use the Easy Login Maintenance Option (ELMO) to reset your UAS network username and password. Then try gaining access to the database again.
Database licenses restrict access to faculty, students, and staff who are currently affiliated with UAS as well as members of the public who use Egan Library’s computers.