Tools for easier use of Egan Library collections...
Customize Your Google Scholar
Google Scholar Customization –so that when you use it, it will link to Egan Library full text… (INSTRUCTIONS)
- Start at Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com
- Click on Scholar Preferences to the right of the “Search” box.
- If it has not already been selected, add “University of Alaska Southeast” into the “Library Links” box and click the “Find Library” button.
- Select “University of Alaska Southeast - Check full text @UAS Egan”, “UNIV OF ALASKA, SE, JUNEAU - Read article via OCLC”, and “Open WorldCat - Library Search”.
- Clicking on Check full text@UAS Egan for ARTICLES that you locate through Google Scholar, you will be taken to the free full text of the article if it is one the Egan Library subscribes to or you will be taken to the “Order through ILL” screen.
Download our Browser Plug-in Search Tool
Download an Egan Library LibX search toolbar – search Library Catalog, WorldCat, and Google Scholar right from your Firefox or IE window. Also highlight and search for ISBNs and keywords with a right-mouse click.
Go here for the Firefox and Internet Explorer versions of LibXEgan:
Sign up for RSS
Add our Google Search Gadget to your iGoogle page
Customize your UASOnline page with Egan Library Search Tools - and suggest your students do the same (in development)
Currently we have convenient search gadgets for JSTOR, Literature Resource Center, and WorldCat…
Search Libraries around Alaska and the World through WorldCat